Friday, May 28, 2010

We are HERE!! finally. after all the crazy planning and stressing we have offically made it to Timisoara. The airplane ride was a drag and I am running on one hour of sleep for what is going on 31 hours. The town that we are in is extremely adorable. Everyone is so nice and it has that comfortable aire to it. You feel like you have lived there forever even though you are simply a visitor. The orphanage is completely adorable too. I met quite a few of the children today and will get to start work tomorrow. Bryan and myself are not actually living in the orphanage for another couple of days until the other helpers move out. VERY little English is spoken here and my translator happens to be a preteen named David. lol David and his family(Who are all awesome and will be mentioned much more in my upcoming blogs) are the family that is allowing me and Bry to stay with them. I am teaching the mom English while she teaches me Romanian. Word of the day: Noche... or something like that it means anything they keep asking me what i like to eat and i simply reply noche. they have treated us so well so far. the town is a poor little town with cows and goats everywhere. noone drives cause everything is so close together. These people are amazing Shoutout to my translater and Audie. They rock. Pics to be uploaded on a later date time for me to catch some much needed zzzzs

2 comments:

  1. We love you both and can't wait for more DETAILS!!!!! We're praying! Tell B he better update fb and he needs to journal!!! Keep up with your devotions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Love reading your post. See that you are my Kristin already making friends. You are an awesome girl and I love you. Tell Bryan I am thinking of him and praying for him also.

    ReplyDelete